The Directorate of Ventures and Linkages (DVL) was established in December 2010 by the College Governing Council to start activities
in two major areas. The Ventures Unit is to provide training programmes such as workshops, seminars, Symposia as well as manage and coordinate business outfits within and outside the College.
The Linkages Unit is to launch the College into the global-world through internationalization of Education as well as International
Knowledge and Skills Enterprise in Education delivery. The Directorate intends to integrate and reinforce all the processes of
participating in the global academic staff and students; to broaden their perspectives on the prevailing structure of thinking;
heighten self awareness and open access for collaboration and partnership with Non-governmental organizations, International Organizations and reputable Foundations.
Directorate Vision Statement is to increase the resource base of the College for human and physical development. So that the College would gained more international recognition and reputation in the area of academic life and culture. Ensure that grants and project are attracted to the College for the training and retraining of teachers across the nation for professional proficiency and competence.
Directorate Mission is to invigorate and reinforce the academic profile of the College through aggressive participation in the retraining programmes for Pre-primary, Primary and Secondary School Teachers in collaboration with UBEC, SUBEB, NULGE and other allied ministries, agencies and organizations. The directorate also intends to develop strong ties with other institutions of the world on academic programmes that are related to the College’s mandate.
1. Training Programme for Care givers/Teacher of ECCE, Primary and Junior/Secondary Schools in core subject areas.
2. Training programmes for School Administrators/Administrative Officers on contemporary managerial skills.
3. Training programmes on e-teaching and e-leaning/ computer literacy.
4. Management, advisory roles and co-ordination of business outfits.
5. Public lectures, seminar/symposia by key figures on contemporary societal issues.
6. Provide entrepreneurial training programmes for students to enhance self reliance after graduation.
7. Organize workshop/seminar on Life-Long development skills.
1. Open global access for scholars and students (Traffic of scholars and students) to enhance staff and students participation in all the great culture and scientific debates.
2. Organize International Conferences in collaboration with African and World Institutions.
3. Open global access for supply/donation of recent textual materials to the College.
4. Collaborate with Non-Governmental organizations on grants and projects to the College.
5. Collaborate and partner with International organizations on grants and projects to the College.
6. Reach-out-to-global communities on developmental trends in education.
7. Invitation of world intellectually acclaimed scholars/leaders for contribution to the College academic development.
At the inception of the Directorate the former Deputy Provost, Dr. Adegboyega Ajayi was appointed by the Council as the first Director
from the inception of the Directorate till February, 2013.
The personal office of Dr. Adegboyega Ajayi was formerly used as the temporary office till the construction of the Directorate office
was completed. Thereafter, the Directorate came under the direct supervision of the immediate past Deputy Provost and
Acting Provost– Dr. A. O. Olajuyigbe. The Directorate office of Ventures and Linkages moved to its permanent site
towards the end of August, 2013. The present Director, Dr. P. O. Akinbile came on board on 13th June, 2014.
He is expected to oversee the Directorate till June, 2016.
The Staff Structure of the Directorate is as follows:
The Director, as the head with two Coordinators, Finance Officer, Personal Secretary, an Administrative Officer, a Clerical Officer, a Consultant and a Driver.
The following are the officers in the Directorate presently:
=The Director - Dr. P.O. Akinbile - Department of Physical and Health Education
=Coordinator of Ventures – Dr. F. O. Emoruwa, School of Education
=Coordinator of Linkages – Mrs. Awe, Department of Biology
=Accounting Officer – Mr. O. Olayimika, Bursary Department
=Personal Secretary II – Mrs. R. Akindumila
=Executive Officer – Miss Hellen Ajagun
Achievements So Far
1. Creating awareness on the Directorate of Ventures and Linkages within and outside the college community before organising workshop, seminar and trainings.
2. The following were the workshops organized:
(i) Induction and orientation workshop for newly recruited Federal Teacher Scheme (F.T.S.) participants in Ekiti and Ondo State in collaboration with UBEC held between 10th and 14th October, 2011.
(ii) Capacity Building Training Workshop for Adeyemi College of Education, Demonstration Secondary School, Ondo between 20th – 21st September, 2011.
(iii) Capacity Building Training Workshop for Federal Teachers in collaboration with the Universal Basic Education in Ondo and Ekiti States held between 30th July and 3rd August, 2012.
(iv) Capacity Building Workshop/Orientation for the newly recruited Academic and Non Academic Staff held between 16th – 18th July, 2012.
(v) Capacity Building Workshop/Orientation for the newly recruited Academic and Non-Academic Staff held on Wednesday 27th May, 2015.
(vi) The Directorate in conjunction with the College Management led by the Acting Provost partnered with National Teachers Institute (NTI) Kaduna in the area of improving the Virtual learning situation for the benefits of the students and their teachers.
(vii) In line with the vision of the College Management, the Director in conjunction with School of Science and the calibre of Adenegan K.E. and sAwoyele I.O. organized a workshop on E-Annual Staff Review and E-Assessment of Journal Articles for lecturers in the School of Science in 2015. There is the plan to take the workshop through the remaining four schools in the College soonest.
3. The Directorate took over the coordination of the College Laundry outfit and later leased it out.
4. Presentation of proposal for entrepreneurial programmes for students to the College Management.
Since the inception of the current Director, the Directorate has presented:
(i) Proposal for the Construction of Petroleum Station to the College Management. The idea was taken in principle but adjudged capital intensive.
(ii) Proposal for establishing Cooking Gas Station. The Management asked the Directorate to send out Expression of Interest to the public.
(iii) Proposal to organize Capacity Building Workshop/Orientation for the newly recruited Academic and Non-Academic Staff during the 2014/15 academic session. This was organized on Wednesday, 27th May 2015.
(iv) Proposal to partner with the Journal of Teacher Education (a College Publication) to organize an international Conference focusing on Challenges in Teaching Learning environment of Tertiary Institutions. It is still in the pipeline.
(v) The College Management gave permission to the Director to attend the 1st ever Regional Partnership Round Table Education in Africa organized by HITACHI Solutions Japan. The group had been invited to the College to access College’s compliance to ICT so far and determine areas of partnership with the College.
(vi) The Directorate is currently having talks with Web de Tech Nigeria Ltd. with the view to establish a website for the Directorate. Already there is an e-mail address in place acedv&lOndo2014@gmail.Com.
(vii) A new proposal for entrepreneurial programmes for students in the College with a focus on skill acquisition is being prepared to be submitted to the College Management.
Dr. P.O. Akinbile
Directorate of Ventures and Linkages